Women Empowerment Cell
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC) has been constituted to empower and safe guard the rights of female teaching and nonteaching staff and students of RGMCET Nandyal. The Government of India had ushered in the new millennium by declaring the year 2001 as 'Women's Empowerment Year' to focus on a vision 'where women are equal partners like men'. The WEC works to promote gender sensitivity in the Institution and conduct diverse programmes to educate, sensitize both male and female staff and students to ensure safe, harmonious and healthy working environment in the campus.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
- To conduct seminars and workshops to spread information on the numerous opportunities and tools available and train women faculty and female students accordingly.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “job givers” rather than “job takers”.
- To create opportunities and programmes for female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right
List of Programmes Conducted :
- Awareness Programme on Women Safety and Security was conducted for II.B.Tech girl students on 6th July 2019. Speakers: Shakthi Team , Police Department, Nandyal.
- Women Health Awareness Programme was organized for girl students on 25th September,2019. Resource Person: Dr.Kharthiki, Head and Professor, SRMC Nandyal.
- Womennovator ( Vitual Incubator for Women) WTALK programme on Women Enterpreneurship and Global Business Alliances for Women Growth Strategy, Market Linkages and activation, Government Supporting Schemes conducted on 21st Sep 2019.
Seminar on Importance of women in our Society for I B.Tech students and College Rally for justice on Disha Case was conducted on 30 th November, 2019.
- Dr. Madhavi Latha Midde, Professor and Chief Consultant Trichologist, Influencer, Nandyal.
- Dr. Shanta Thoutam, Vice President T-Hub, Hyderabad.
- Dr. U. Lakshmi Sowjanya, MBBS ,MD, OBG, Life Hospital, Nandyal.
- Dr. T. JayaChandra Prasad, Principal, RGMCET.
- Dr. J. SofiaPriya Dharshini, WEC Head, RGMCET.
- Dr. Kaushik Kumar, CEO ECell, RGMCET.
- Dr. Aliya Sulthana, HoD MBA Dept. RGMCET.
- Dr. Gelivi Sahadevudu, Surgeon, Nandyal.